A friend of mine (@rehabrajab ) from my MSU overseas grad program in technology asked me if I could present about the uses of wikis in the classroom at a conference her professional organization was hosting last weekend in Dubai where she lives. What an honor to be asked to present, so of course I took her up on the opportunity!
Since I wasn’t available to travel to Dubai to present we decided an online presentation would do the trick!
Here is a brief overview of the presentation on what wiki’s can do for you:
- A quick and easy class web site
- A private discussion forum
- For creating a webquest or a host of resources for students
- For class collaboration or group collaboration
- To get students involved and participating
- To provide a private channel for e-mailing the teacher
- To display student work
- To publish an online portfolio
- To introduce web 2.0 tools
- To encourage continuous refinement of work
- To host documents, files, pictures
- To provide a place for students to submit assignments